Travel Like the Wizard
THE WICKED HOT AIR BALLOON
GENERATES DONATIONS TO
BROADWAY CARES/EQUITY FIGHTS AIDS
But don’t worry, they’ll drop you right back here on earth and not in a world somewhere over the rainbow
The blockbuster musical WICKED is offering its fans access to “Defy Gravity” in the WICKED hot air balloon with a donation to Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS. The WICKED balloon will fly in the upcoming balloon festivals:
- New Jersey Festival of Ballooning in Readington, NJ from July 26-28, 2013
- National Balloon Classic in Indianola, IA from Aug. 2-4, 2013
- Great Midwest Balloon Fest in Overland Park, KS from Aug. 9-11, 2013
- Colorado Balloon Classic in Colorado Springs, CO from Aug. 31-Sept. 2, 2013
- Adirondack Balloon Festival in Glen Falls, NY from Sept. 19-22, 2013
- Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta in Albuquerque, NM from Oct. 5-13, 2013
Additionally, anyone in the tri-state area may be able to ride at the balloon’s home base in Elverson, PA upon request (approximately 2 ½ hours from New York City).
The adventure costs $250 per person in form of a tax-deductible donation to Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS made directly through WICKED. Flights generally occur at sunrise or just before sunset and last one hour depending on the weather. The balloon can accommodate 3-4 passengers. Children are welcome, but must be 6 years and over to ride.