“School of Rock” Lottery Announced
CALLING ALL ROCKERS!
LOTTERY POLICY ANNOUNCED FOR
“SCHOOL OF ROCK – THE MUSICAL”
AT THE WINTER GARDEN THEATRE
CLASS BEGINS MONDAY, NOVEMBER 9, 2015
OPENING NIGHT SET FOR SUNDAY, DECEMBER 6, 2015
New York, NY (November 6, 2015) – Beginning with the first preview performance on Monday, November 9, 2015, School of Rock – The Musical will host a daily lottery ticket drawing. Entries will be accepted outside the Winter Garden Theatre box office (1634 Broadway) beginning two hours prior to each performance, and names will be drawn at random, for a limited number of $25 front row orchestra tickets, 90 minutes before curtain time. See below for complete rules and regulations.
School of Rock – The Musical will begin preview performances at Broadway’s Winter Garden Theatre on Monday, November 9, 2015, with an opening set for Sunday, December 6, 2015.
Based on the smash hit 2003 film of the same title, School of Rock – The Musical will feature music from the movie, as well as an original score by Andrew Lloyd Webber and lyricist Glenn Slater, with a book by Julian Fellowes and direction by Laurence Connor (currently represented on Broadway by Les Miserables).
School of Rock – The Musical follows Dewey Finn, a failed wannabe rock star who decides to earn a few extra bucks by posing as a substitute teacher at a prestigious prep school. Completely disinterested in academic work, Dewey decides to create his own curriculum, turning his class into a guitar-shredding, bass-slapping, mind-blowing rock band.
Tickets for School of Rock – The Musical are available by visiting the Winter Garden Theatre box office Monday – Saturdays between 10:00 am – 8:00 pm, online at Telecharge.com, or by calling 800-447-7400.
Warner Bros. Records will release the Original Broadway Cast Recording for School of Rock – The Musical on Friday, December 4, 2015, on the eve of opening night. The new album will feature a new score by Andrew Lloyd Webber and lyricist Glenn Slater, along with three songs from the immensely popular 2003 film. Three-time Grammy Award-winner Rob Cavallo, who has worked with Green Day, My Chemical Romance, Paramore, Goo Goo Dolls, Phil Collins, and Gary Clark Jr., produced the album along with Lloyd Webber.
School of Rock — The Musical is produced on Broadway by Andrew Lloyd Webber for The Really Useful Group, Warner Music Group & Access Industries, The Shubert Organization, and The Nederlander Organization. Nina Lannan and Madeleine Lloyd Webber serve as Executive Producers.
The complete rules and regulations for the new lottery policy are as follows:
– A limited number of tickets for each performance will be sold via lottery.
– Entries will be accepted at the box office beginning two hours prior to each performance.
– 90 minutes before curtain, names will be drawn at random for a limited number of tickets priced at $25.00 each.
– Limit one entry per person and two tickets per winner – entries will be checked for duplicates.
– Winners must be present at the time of the drawing and show valid ID to purchase tickets.
– Tickets may be purchased in cash or with a valid credit card.
– Tickets are subject to availability.
– Tickets will be located in the first row of the orchestra.
– The cancelation line will begin following the lottery.
– A limited number of standing room tickets will be available at the box office for $27.50 on the day of the performance, and only when the performance is sold out.